Saturday, June 7, 2014

Day 11 The Crossing Resort, Icefields Parkway, BC to Grande Cache, BC.

Let's catch up a bit !



Since I've fallen behind I'm starting to forget what we did, where we stayed, what day and date it is.  So, I've decided to cut to the chase and tie up a few loose ends and get current. 

The Icefields continue to be amazing, I would recommend a trip between Banff and Jasper to see this. As I've said all along,  Alaska is the destination, but the trip is why we are doing this. The Icefields Parkway is something that words and pictures just cannot capture.














We finally come to the end of the Parkway and grab a bite in Jasper. We head for the Bighorn Highway and Grande Cache, BC. Today we see moose, caribou, mule deer, deer,  red fox, bear, and elk.









In Grand Cache we meet another ADV rider, Scott. He lives at Anchorage and is on a six national park tour all the way down to Utah.  Really nice guy.



We check out a campground and it looks sorta homely so we opt for a hotel again, which is probably best after 300 plus miles in the saddle.  See, I can't remember how far we rode that day.

I do remember telling the hotel clerk the bathroom sink and toilet doesn't have water so she gives me another room.  But then I discover I wasn't operating the faucet right and the toilet was just slow to fill...

Day 11 - Icefields Parkway to Grande Cache, BC


No comments:

Post a Comment